We have made some changes in the way that we operate to attempt to keep everyone safe. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- You may receive a screening call even if you have confirmed your appointment. It is important that you take this call.
- Please wear a face covering while in the office at all times (unless of course you are in the chair 🙂
- Observe social distancing rules while in the office and reception area.
- Please don’t approach front desk unless asked to do so.
- If a plastic barrier is up, please stand behind the barrier.
- Only 1 family member at a time in the office. In the case of children, one parent may accompany the child if needed.
- Children’s play area is now closed off to prevent spread of COVID and there are no magazines in reception area.
- Please use front entrance of the office
- If you are unable to climb steps, please call when you are in the parking lot so that we can open the back door.
- You will have your temperature taken and asked some screening questions upon arrival.
- We are extending the length of most dental procedures to accommodate additional infection control measures. We will still make every effort to schedule your appointment in a timely manner and we ask for flexibility when making your appointment.
- We will enter the operatory with PPE already in place.
- We will try to minimize aerosol creation as much as possible. This means no ultrasonics during cleanings. If you have very heavy buildup and we need to use this to adequately clean your teeth, we may only be able to do exam and xrays and defer your cleaning.
- There are alternative procedures, but they incur a higher cost. We will go over those options if that is necessary.
- We will use something called a rubber dam as much as possible for fillings and other restorative work. This acts like a drop cloth for your tooth and decreases the amount of saliva from getting mixed in with the aerosol.
- COVID has been isolated in saliva and in fact may be used for testing at some point.
- You will be asked to rinse with a mouthwash for 30 seconds prior to all procedures (either Listerine equivalent, peroxide, or both)
Additional infection control measures
Our office has always kept very high standards for infection control. In addition to what we usually do we are adding the following procedures:
- Wipe down frequently touched surfaces with disinfectant.
- Allow increased time between appointments to allow aerosols to disperse
- Air burst of disinfectant after procedures to cut down on air born infectious particles.
- Open windows when possible to allow fresh air into the operatories.